Not All Of What Follows Is True

A recurring journal of mixed veracity.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Increasingly obscure variations on the "Jamaica?" joke

- My sister went on holiday to the Caribbean last month.
- Jamaica?
- No, she wanted to go.

- I went shopping in Indonesia with my aunt the other day.
- Jakarta?
- No, she walked on her own two feet.

- Mandy came in to audition for the part of Oedipus' mother today.
- Jocasta?
- Yes, she seemed perfect for the part.

- I was working as a cameraman in an East Asian island nation last year.
- Japan?
- Not only that, I also tracked, zoomed, you name it.

- My pirate ship recently sank off the coast of a small east African
state at the mouth of the Red Sea.
- Djibouti?
- No, luckily I'd already buried it safely on a desert island.

- I was reading the other day about an insurrection in the
north-eastern reaches of the Roman Empire.
- Oh, Germania start playing up?
- Yes it did, but I was able to control it with these pills my
psychiatrist gave me.

- I recently met up with my friend Steve in a city in South Africa.
- Johannesburg?
- Did I "han" his "berg"? What the hell are you talking about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home